You apply Value-Added Tax (VAT) to the cost price on the following:
- Goods when seized by a person acting under statutory authority.
- Movable goods applied from a taxable to an exempt use.
- Goods appropriated for a personal or non business use.
- Goods disposed of free of charge.
- Goods transferred by a person from their business in the State to another European Union Member State for their business purposes (branch to branch supplies).
- The supply of catering services for one's own use or for the use of your staff, free of charge.
- The use of immovable business goods for private or non business purposes.
The cost does not include VAT incurred on the purchase of the goods or services.