National Cultural Institutions Licence
Please see important information related to the Waiver of Excise Duty on on-trade liquor licences on renewal in 2021.
The National Cultural Institutions Act 1997 provides that certain cultural institutions may hold a Spirit on-Licence. This licence allows the sale of alcohol for consumption on the premises.
Institutions where this licence can be used:
- Chester Beatty Library, Dublin Castle
- Crawford Library, Emmet Place, Cork
- Hugh Lane Municipal Gallery of Modern Art, Parnell Sq., Dublin
- Irish Museum of Modern Art, Royal Hospital Kilmainham, Dublin
- National Museum of Ireland, Merrion St, Dublin
- Science and Art Museum, Kildare St, Dublin
- Collins Barracks, Dublin
- National Library of Ireland, Kildare St, Dublin
- National Gallery of Ireland, Merrion Sq. Dublin
- Hunt Museum Limerick, Custom House, Limerick
- Royal Irish Academy, 19 Dawson St, Dublin.
The licensing period is from 1 October to 30 September. This licence will expire on 30 September each year regardless of the issue date.
The cost for each of these licences is €500 every year.
Next: First application for a National Cultural Institutions Licence