Producer's Retail Off Licence
A Producer’s Retail Off Licence has been introduced to allow manufacturers to sell alcohol produced on their premises to visitors to the premises.
Visitors who have completed a guided tour can avail of off sales between 10.00 a.m. and 7.00 p.m. each day. Christmas Day sales are prohibited.
Visitors who have not completed a guided tour can avail of off sales:
- between 10:00 and 19:00 Monday to Saturday
- between 12:30 to 19:00 on Sundays and St. Patrick’s Day.
Christmas Day sales are prohibited.
This licence does not allow for the sale of alcohol for consumption on the premises at any time.
Manufacturer’s must hold a valid Revenue Manufacturer’s Licence to apply for a Producer’s Retail Off Licence. The relevant Manufacturer's Licence categories are:
- Manufacturer's Licence – Brewer
- Manufacturer's Licence – Cider Manufacturer
- Manufacturer's Licence – Compounder of Spirits
- Manufacturer's Licence – Distiller of Spirits
- Manufacturer's Licence – Rectifier of Spirits
- Manufacturer's Licence – Sweets Manufacturer.
Other than the relevant Manufacturers Licence, any other Excise Licence attached to the premises must be extinguished for issue of a Producer’s Retail Off Licence.
The licensing period is from 1 October to 30 September.
This licence will expire on 30 September each year regardless of the issue date.
The excise cost for this licence is €500 each year.
Next: First Application for a Producer's Retail Off Licence