Producer's Retail On Licence
The waiver of Excise Duty on on-trade liquor licences will not be extended to renewals in 2022.
A Producer’s Retail On Licence has been introduced to allow manufacturers sell the alcohol produced on their premises to visitors. This licence will cover sales to vistors for consumption both on or off the premises.
Visitors who have completed a guided tour can avail of both on and off sales between 10.00 and 19.00 each day. Christmas Day sales are prohibited.
Visitors who have not completed a guided tour can avail of off sales only:
- between 10.00 and 19.00 Monday to Saturday
- between 12.30 and 19.00 on Sundays and St. Patrick’s Day.
Christmas Day sales are prohibited.
Manufacturer’s must hold a valid Revenue Manufacturer’s Licence to apply for a Producer’s Retail On Licence. The relevant Manufacturer's Licence categories are:
- Manufacturer's Licence - Brewer
- Manufacturer's Licence - Cider Manufacturer
- Manufacturer's Licence - Compounder of Spirits
- Manufacturer's Licence - Distiller of Spirits
- Manufacturer's Licence - Rectifier of Spirits
- Manufacturer's Licence - Sweets Manufacturer
Other than the relevant Manufacturers Licence, any other Excise Licence attached to the premises must be extinguished for issue of a Producer’s Retail On Licence.
The licensing period is from 1 October to 30 September.
This licence will expire on 30 September each year regardless of the issue date.
The excise cost for this licence is €500 each year.
Next: First Application for a Producer's Retail On Licence (on and off-sales)