Mineral Oil Traders
Conditions attached to licences
Revenue may specify standard conditions under which:
- Auto Fuel Trader's Licence (AFTL)
- Marked Fuel Trader's Licence (MFTL)
Revenue may also specify additional conditions in certain circumstances. These conditions are additional to the standard conditions applicable to all licence holders.
All standard conditions will be specified on the face of the licence.
- Secure and Suitable Premises – the premises or place for which the licence is held must be secure and suitable to trade in mineral oil products.
- Safe and secure means of access for Revenue Officers – traders shall provide safe and secure access for Revenue officers to all parts of the location.
- Pumps and meters – all fuel must be dispensed using fuel pumps and meters that accurately measure and record the volume of fuel dispensed.
- Complying with the requirements of Excise Law – traders shall comply with excise law regarding the:
- dealing in
- keeping of mineral oil
- the keeping and furnishing of records.
These additional conditions may be specific to certain traders, certain places or premises or category of traders.
All additional conditions will be specified on the face of the licence or will be attached as a schedule to the licence.
Warning: Failure to comply with conditions attaching to an AFTL or MFTL (both standard conditions and additional conditions) may lead to:
- the refusal or revocation of the licence
- and, or
- the prosecution of the licence holder.