Drug and tobacco smuggling
Customs Drugs Watch
Revenue's job is to prevent drug smuggling and to apprehend those involved in drug smuggling activities. Ireland's coastline provides drug smugglers with many opportunities to ply their trade. We patrol coastal areas, but to cover approximately 3,000 kilometres of coastline, help from coastal communities, maritime personnel and the yachting fraternity is crucial.
Be on the lookout for the following:
- yachts and other craft sighted in remote areas
- crew making landings in remote areas
- unusual objects at sea, underwater or ashore such as buoys or signalling devices
- merchant shipping at anchor close to land or islands
- ships away from their normal shipping lanes
- ships signalling ashore or being met by small craft
- vessels operating at night without lights.
If you have any information in relation to drug smuggling, please contact:
Next: Customs drugs law enforcement