Drug and tobacco smuggling
How to report suspicious activity
We rely on the knowledge of the supply chain trade, the community and the general public. Your information could lead to the detection and seizure of dangerous drugs, or the import and export of illegal firearms, currency or wildlife.
You can help by reporting any possible unlawful or irregular activity to Customs.
We are interested in information about:
- importation of illicit drugs
- diversion of precursor chemicals (used for the manufacture of illegal drugs)
- illegal import or sale of cigarettes and tobacco
- illegal and dangerous weapons
- performance and image enhancing drugs (steroids)
- illegal import or export of currency
- illegal import and export of fauna
- counterfeit goods.
If you are suspicious about something, contact Customs immediately. Please do not wait for office hours.
- Customs Drug Watch Confidential Freefone 1800 295 295
- e-mail NPC@revenue.ie.
For a complete list of all our Customs offices please Contact Us.
Avoid using radio to contact Customs unless you have no alternative.
If you locate goods, do not disturb or mark the site, just note and report the location. Disturbing the goods could destroy evidence which may identify those responsible.
For your own protection, do not involve yourself in any incident.
Next: Customs Drugs Watch