Rights of a data subject
Right to access information
You are entitled to obtain the personal data that we hold about you. You can make a data access request either in writing or by email to obtain a copy of that personal data. This is under Article 15 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
You are entitled to the following information:
- why we are processing your personal data
- what categories of personal data we hold about you
- who we are sharing your personal data with
- where we originally obtained your personal data
- how long we will keep your personal data
- how you can request rectification (correction) of your personal data
- how you can request erasure (deletion) of your personal data
- whether we use automated decision-making in relation to your personal data
- whether we profile you on the basis of your personal data
- how you can make a complaint to the Data Protection Commission.
Full details are outlined in Personal data processed by Revenue and in our Record retention policy and schedule.
Next: Right to rectification (correction) of personal data