New Computerised Transit System – Phase 5 (NCTS-P5)
Revenue will introduce the next phase of our transit system - NCTS-P5 in August 2023.
NCTS-P5 aligns our electronic transit declaration system with the legal requirements legislated for in the Union Customs Code (UCC).
- facilitates the registration of ‘en route’ events
- implements a new data set and allows for the exchange of messages electronically between different declaration systems.
NCTS-P5 will replace the current NCTS-P4 system.
There will be a transition window of two months for the trade to move from NCTS-P4 to NCTS-P5. From 20 October 2023, it will no longer be possible to lodge transit declarations into NCTS-P4.
Traders and software providers should note the following key dates:
- Traders Specifications published August 2022
- Public Interface Test (PIT) environment available March 2023
- NCTS-P5 go live August 2023.
NCTS-P5 trader guides
You will find the relevant information and specifications for software providers and traders on how to set up Information Technology (IT) systems in NCTS-P5 trader guides.
Next: How to prepare your business for NCTS-P5