Suitably Qualified Individual (SQI)
A Suitably Qualified Individual (SQI) must certify a conversion.
An SQI must have the appropriate facilities and equipment to conduct the examination and complete the certification.
An SQI must have:
- an engineering or technical qualification (Level 7 or higher accredited course). Alternatively appropriate accreditation with Engineers Ireland or the Institute of Automotive Engineer Assessors is acceptable.
- a minimum of five years experience working in a suitable technical environment (preferably an automotive or engineering environment).
- access to adequate facilities to carry out a thorough vehicle examination
- appropriate professional indemnity insurance
- must be an approved facility (Approved Test Centre (ATC) or Approved Workshop for Conversion of Vehicles for Disabled Drivers).
Next: Specific vehicles