Periods of unemployment

What happens when you return to work?

Your new employer should notify Revenue when you start your new job.

You should tell us about any payments you have received from the Department of Social Protection (DSP) during the year. We will ask some other questions to help us work out your tax credits.

You will be able to view your Tax Credit Certificate in PAYE Services ('Manage your tax 2024') available in myAccount in two working days. A Revenue Payroll Notification (RPN) will be made available on request from your employer. They will use this to calculate your Income Tax and Universal Social Charge.

Next: Taxation of Jobseeker's Benefit and Jobseeker's Benefit (self-employed)