File an Income Tax return
Can you file a tax return online?
Yes, if your are registered for the Revenue Online Service (ROS) you can file an Income Tax return online. Use the Pay and File system to manage tasks associated with the payment of tax and the filing of tax returns.
Who is the service for?
You can use this service if you want to:
- make a tax return for the previous tax year, including a self-assessment of the tax due for that year
- pay the balance of any tax due for the previous year
- pay preliminary tax for the current tax year.
What you need to use the service
You will need the following personal information (where applicable) to use the service:
- Personal Public Service Number (PPSN) and date of birth
- the PPSN and date of birth of your spouse or civil partner
- income details
- rental income
- foreign income
- income from fees, covenants, distributions
- exempt income
- annual payments, charges and interest paid
- tax credits, allowances, reliefs and health expenses
- high level income
- capital gains
- property based incentives
- self-assessment details.
How to access the service
Sign into ROS and follow these steps:
- click on the 'My Services' section from the ROS main menu
- in the ‘File a return’ section, select the return type of ‘Income Tax’ and ‘Form 11’.