File an Income Tax Return

If you are registered for Revenue Online Service (ROS) you can file an Income Tax return (Form 11) online. If you are not a ROS user, you can Register for ROS by completing the 3-step registration process.

If you are registered for Income Tax, Employers’ PAYE or Capital Acquisition Tax you can Register for ROS in the ‘Manage My Record’ card. You can log in to ROS from myAccount through the ROS card.

You can use the Pay and File system to manage tasks around paying tax and filing tax returns.

Who is the service for?

This service is for customers who want to:

  • make a tax return for the previous tax year, including a self-assessment of the tax due for that year
  • pay the balance of any tax due for the previous year
  • pay preliminary tax for the current tax year.

What you need to use the service

To use the service, you will need (where applicable):

  • your Personal Public Service Number (PPSN) and date of birth
  • the PPSN and date of birth of your spouse or civil partner
  • your income details, including foreign income and exempt income
  • your rental income
  • your income from fees, covenants, distributions
  • your annual payments, charges and interest paid
  • your tax credits, allowances, reliefs and health expenses
  • your high-level income
  • your capital gains
  • your property-based incentives
  • your self-assessment details.

How to access the service

Once logged into ROS follow these steps:

  • Click on the 'My Services' section from the ROS main menu.
  • In the ‘File a return’ section, select the return type of ‘Income Tax’ and ‘Form 11’. 

Help with filing the Form 11 including full self assessment is available in the Self-assessment and self-employment section. 

There are a number of videos on the website to help you complete the various panels on the Form 11.