Set up a Revenue Online Service (ROS) Debit Instruction (RDI)
The RDI service allows you to register your bank account details to make one off payments to Revenue. The bank account must be SEPA compliant.
With an RDI, you determine the amount of the payment. The payment date defaults to the due date. If you wish to make a payment earlier than this you can change the payment date.
Creating an RDI in itself is not sufficient, you must also authorise the transaction to allow Revenue deduct the funds from your bank account.
Who is this service for?
This service is for self-assessed taxpayers and companies or partnerships (ROS customers). Agents can use the RDI service on behalf of their clients.
What you need to use the service
To use the service, you will need:
- the name of the account holder
- the International Bank Account Numbers (IBAN) and Bank Identifier Codes (BIC) of the SEPA-compliant bank account.
How to access the payment facility
You can access this service through ROS by following these steps:
- Click on the 'My Services' section from the ROS main menu.
- Under the ‘Payment Details’ section, click the ‘Manage Bank Accounts’ button.
- Under ‘ROS Debit Instruction’ select the ‘Manage RDI’s’ button.
- Select the button ‘Set up a ROS Debit Instruction’ and complete the bank account details for the RDI to be used.
Once you have submitted these details online, you will be allowed to pay immediately. For stamp duty payments, please allow three working days before use.