Manage your tax for the current year - PAYE customers

The 'Manage Your Tax' service is a quick, secure and convenient way for you to manage your taxes for the current tax year. 

Learn more about this in our Jobs and pensions section.

Who is the service for?

This service is for anyone who pays tax under the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system. You can do the following transactions for you and your civil partner or spouse:

  • View your tax record for the current year. This includes the tax credits you receive and the incomes (employment and pensions) that are on record for you.
  • View or update your Universal Social Charge (USC) position. For example, you may need to remove a USC exemption marker on our records.
  • View your latest Tax Credit Certificate.
  • Claim a wide range of tax credits.
  • Declare additional income, including Department of Social Protection (DSP) payments.
  • View how your tax credits and rate bands have been divided between yourself and your spouse or civil partner.

Divide your tax credits and rate bands

When you update your records, you can input details of your estimated gross annual income for each of your jobs or pensions. You can do this for both yourself and your spouse or civil partner. It will ensure that your tax credits and rate bands are divided appropriately across your different jobs or pensions.

We can then calculate the best way to divide your tax credits and rate bands. This ensures that you pay the right amount of tax at the right time.

Alternatively, you can choose to divide the tax credits and rate bands in a different way. You can do this through the 'Manage Your Tax' link, in the 'PAYE Services' section of myAccount. If you have two jobs, you can divide your credits and rate bands equally between both employments.

If you cannot estimate the income, you will be asked which of your jobs or pensions is your main source of income. For example, if you have more than one employment you will be asked to state which is your highest paid job. If you then make any updates to your tax record, these updates will be made to this job or pension.

How to access the service

You can access the service through myAccount, by clicking on the 'Manage your Tax' link in 'PAYE Services'.

You can access the service through ROS, by clicking on the 'PAYE Current Year' tab from the 'Other Services' tab.