Claim an unemployment repayment

How to claim an online unemployment repayment

You can make a claim for an online unemployment repayment through the PAYE Services card in myAccount.

You must declare any additional income and claim any tax credits you are entitled to through ‘Manage your tax’ before proceeding with an online unemployment repayment claim.

Your pay and tax details and cessation date are available in myAccount once your employer has reported them to Revenue.

You will be asked to provide the reason for your claim. For example, if you are unemployed or going abroad. You will then be asked any relevant questions required to process your claim.

How to access the service 

myAccount customers

You can access this service by clicking on the ‘Claim unemployment repayment’ link in PAYE Services.

ROS customers

You can access this service through ROS, by clicking on the 'PAYE Current Year' tab from the 'Other Services' tab. 

Please see Periods of unemployment in Jobs and pensions section, for information on:

  • who the service is for
  • and
  • when a claim for unemployment repayment can be made.