Issues renewing digital certificates
You can renew your certificate by logging into the Revenue Online Service (ROS).
If you do not get the 'Renew Now' option you may not be logging in with the certificate that is due for renewal. Check if you have any other certificates on your computer and try logging in again.
If you cannot work out which certificate is due for renewal, you should forward the renewal reminder email to email@example.com requesting identification of the expiring certificate.
'Details entered are invalid' error:
If you get the above message when you try to renew, please use the following steps:
- Save the certificate that you are trying to renew, as outlined in the guides:
- After completing the above step, remove the certificate that you are trying to renew from your browser.
To do this:
- Click 'Manage My Certificates' on the ROS login screen.
- Under 'Loaded certificates will be displayed here', look for the certificate that you are trying to renew.
- Click on the 'bin' symbol to remove the certificate.
- Reload the certificate that you just saved, as outlined in the guides:
- Return to the login screen and try the renewal process again.
- Note that you will have to save the certificate again after you renew it.
If you are still having problems after completing the above, you could try:
- loading your certificate into a different web browser and renewing there
- using the Reset ROS Login function.