Tuition fees paid for third level education


You can claim tax relief on fees (including the student contribution) that you have paid for third level education courses.

You may be the student, or you may pay the fees on the student's behalf. You can claim the relief if you have actually paid the fees.

No relief is available for:

  • examination fees
  • registration fees
  • administration fees.

Next: How do you calculate the relief?