Starting your first job


When you start your first job, you should notify Revenue as soon as possible, or you may have to pay emergency tax. To do this, you need to register for myAccount. Once registered for myAccount you can register your job by clicking on the 'Update job or pension' link in the 'PAYE Services' card.

Please note, all of your subsequent jobs will be registered by your employer.

When you have registered your first job, Revenue will make a Revenue payroll notification (RPN) available to your new employer. The RPN will tell your employer how much Income Tax and Universal Social Charge (USC) to deduct from your pay.

Next: What you should do