Artists' Exemption

How to get a determination

In order to get a determination you must send Revenue:

  • an Artist 2 claim form
  • samples of your work (see below)
  • supporting documentation in the form of testimonials.

Any income you earned from a sale of your work in previous years is not exempt.

Provided they fall within the guidelines all future works in the same category will be deemed to qualify.

To qualify for Artists’ Exemption you must be resident in an European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) State.

Samples of work to be submitted

Depending on what category you are claiming for, the following items should be sent to us in support of your claim:

  • A book or other writing
    Three published copies of the book or relevant information and links in the case of ebooks.
  • A play
    A copy of the script along with a signed production contract
  • A musical composition
    CDs on which you are credited with the music or lyrics or relevant information and links in the case of downloads
  • A painting or other like picture
    Six good quality photographs of the work together with a brief CV of artistic career to date.
  • A sculpture
    Items as at painting above.

Next: Advance opinion for non-residents