Maintenance Payments Relief

How do you claim relief?

Individuals with Pay As You Earn (PAYE) income

If you are taxed under the PAYE system use myAccount to claim this credit.

Claiming for the current year

In PAYE Services select ‘Manage your tax’ and add the credit.

An amended:

Your employer will pay any refund due directly to you.

Claiming for previous years

2019 and subsequent years: 

  • Sign in to myAccount.
  • Click on ‘Review your tax’ link in PAYE Services.
  • Request 'Statement of Liability'.
  • Click on ‘Complete Income Tax Return'.
  • Select ‘Maintenance Payments Made’ in the Tax Credits and Reliefs page and add the credit.
  • Complete and submit the form.

We will issue any refund due directly to you.

Self-assessed individuals

If you have no PAYE income, you can claim tax relief when you submit your Form 11 through the Revenue Online Service (ROS).