Charging VAT on goods
What is a supply of goods?
A supply of goods includes the following:
- the transfer of ownership of goods by agreement
- the sale of movable goods on a commission basis by an auctioneer or agent acting in his or her own name but on the instructions of another person
- the handing over of goods under a hire-purchase contract
- the handing over by a person to another person of immovable goods - a property which has been developed
- the seizure of goods by a sheriff or other person acting under statutory authority
- the application by an accountable person of movable goods to some private or exempt use
- the appropriation by an accountable person of goods other than for the purposes of his, her business
- the provision of electricity, gas and any form of power, heat, refrigeration or ventilation
- the transfer of goods from a business in the State by a taxable person to another European Union Member State. The supply of goods in this case is for business purposes.
Next: What are the place of supply rules for goods?