Theatre Licence

Music and Singing Licence


Please see important information related to the Waiver of Excise Duty on on-trade liquor licences on renewal in 2021.

The Public Health Acts Amendment Act 1890 regulates:

  • music
  • singing
  • public entertainment

which takes place in locations that have licenses for teh sale of intoxicating liquor. 

As theatre owners belong to this group, you will need a Music and Singing Licence to apply for your Therater Licence. You should apply to the Annual District Licensing Court. On receipt of your Court Certificate, you should submit it to the National Excise Licence Office.

You will need a new Music and Singing Licence each year to renew your Publican’s Licence (Ordinary) Theatre Licence.

Next: Schedule of upcoming events