Traceability and security features system
The process for requesting:
- Economic Operator identifier codes
- Facility identifier codes
is to be completed through the website of the ID Issuer appointed for Ireland.
Once registered with the ID Issuer, a registration email will be issued. The confirmation link contained within this email must be clicked in order for registration process to be completed.
To request an economic operator identifier code, the following information will be required:
- Economic Operator’s registered company name (as per ROS registeration)
- Economic Operator’s address and Eircode
- Email address (official business' / owner email address)
- VAT number (in format 1234567A)
To request a facility identifier code, the following information will be required:
- Facility address and Eircode
- Type of facility
- 1 – manufacturing site with warehouse,
- 2 – standalone warehouse,
- 3 – retail outlet / vending machine,
- 4 – other (must provide description).
- Excise number, if applicable.
More information is available on the website of the ID Issuer appointed for Ireland.
Questions about applying for economic identifier codes and facility identifier codes should be addressed to:
- call the free phone helpline on 00 421 800 222 921 (Monday to Friday 8:00 to 17:00).
Next: Security feature