Private use of employer-provided vehicles
Other BIK issues
Chauffeur driven cars
There may be two BIK charges for chauffeur driven cars. A charge for:
- the provision of the car
- expenses incurred in providing a chauffeur.
Use of employer-provided vehicles in the motor industry
If your employee changes their car monthly, special cash equivalents apply. These rules for motor industry employees apply if you are a:
- motor retailer who sells used cars only
- franchised motor retailer who sells both new and used cars
- short term car hire provider
- motor and car leasing supplier.
If your employee only uses one car for a period of one month or greater, these special cash equivalents are not available.
Revenue introduced a concession due to the COVID-19 pandemic regarding the monthly time frame. For more information see Employer-provided vehicles in Benefit-in-kind (BIK) changes during COVID-19 restriction.
Next: Ready reckoners