Remotely working from home
Remote working is where you are required to work:
- at home on a full-time or part-time basis
- part of the time at home and the remainder in your normal place of work.
Remote working involves:
- working for substantial periods outside your normal place of work
- logging onto a work computer remotely
- sending and receiving email, data or files remotely
- developing ideas, products and services remotely.
The arrangements in this section only apply to remote working. They do not apply when you bring work home outside of normal working hours.
You can only claim for the days you worked from home as a remote worker. For more information, please see the page "How to calculate allowable remote working costs".
Applying for relief
If you are claiming Remote Working Relief, you will need to complete an Income Tax Return. You need to do this to process the receipts and bills you entered on the Receipts Tracker in myAccount.
This short video will explain how to upload receipts:
Next: Allowance paid to you by your employer