Moving or returning to Ireland

How your tax residence status affects Irish tax

What Irish tax you must pay will be affected by your tax residence and your domicile.

Working in Ireland and paid from abroad

You might perform employment duties in Ireland, but you are paid from a foreign sourced company. The duties that you exercise in Ireland are taxed under the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system. Your foreign employer may have to register in Ireland and deduct the following from your wages:

For further information, please refer to Tax and Duty Manual Part 42-04-65.

Next: Double Taxation Agreement