Ways to make an online payment
There are a number of online methods available to you to make a payment to Revenue. We accept:
- ROS Debit instruction (RDI). If you are registered for Revenue Online Service (ROS), you can set up an RDI. You will only need to do this once and it will allow you to submit a payment immediately. You will decide the amount of the payment and when the payment is made.
- Single Debit Instructions (SDI). You can set up an SDI using ROS or myAccount. This allows you to make once-off payments directly from your bank account. Please check beforehand that your account can accept a direct debit.
- Direct Debit Instruction (DDI). You can set up a DDI through ROS. You can choose to make monthly payments to Revenue for current taxes.
- Credit and debit cards. Making a payment using a credit or debit card is only available to customers whose tax affairs are managed by Revenue’s Personal and Business Divisions. You can make a card payment using a Visa or Mastercard. Revenue absorbs the charge when you use these cards. You can pay this way through ROS or myAccount.
What types of payments can be made online?
You can use our online payment methods to make a payment for:
- a penalty
- an attachment
- an audit
- foreign income and assets disclosure
- minor and irregular benefits.
Please ensure that you are registered for the tax type that you wish to pay.
See Online payment of tax for further information on the taxes you can pay online.
What you need to use the service
To use the service, you will need:
- a registration with ROS, myAccount or LPT online
- your chosen online payment method
- details of the tax type
- the amount of payment that you would like to make.
How to access the service
You can access this service through myAccount by clicking ‘Make a Payment’ on the ‘Payments/Repayments’ card on your myAccount dashboard.
You can access this service through ROS, by following these steps:
- Click on the ‘my Services’ section from the ROS main menu.
- In the ‘Payments & Refunds’ section, select the payment type that you wish to make a payment for.
- Select the tax type that is relevant to the payment type you have chosen.
- Click on ‘Make Payment’.
- Click on ‘Pay’ for the tax period that you wish to pay.
You can access the service through LPT online, by following these steps:
- Enter your Personal Public Service Number (PPSN), property ID and property PIN and click ‘Login’.
- Click ‘Setup Payment Method’.
- If more than one period is outstanding, you will be given the option to pay for a single period or several periods.
- Input all payment details and click ‘Continue’.
- Review the details to be submitted and click ‘Submit Details’.