Issues logging into ROS
Password entered is incorrect
Incorrect password may occur if:
- you are entering your password incorrectly
- you have not loaded the most up to date copy of your certificate
- your certificate needs to be reloaded into the browser.
You should ensure that you are entering the correct password. The password is changed each time you renew your certificate.
- Ensure that you are entering the password in the correct format.
- It must have at least eight characters, including at least one upper case character, one lower case character and one digit.
- If you downloaded the certificate recently, try entering your password with the Caps Lock button on. You may have had this on when you created the new password.
- Please note that Revenue staff cannot check or issue your login password.
Remove the certificate from the browser and reload the most up to date copy of the certificate.
To do this:
- Click 'Manage My Certificates' on the Revenue Online Service (ROS) login screen.
- Under 'Loaded certificates will be displayed here', look for the certificate that is giving the error message.
- Click on the 'bin' symbol to remove the certificate.
- Follow instructions to load your most recent certificate.
For further information, please refer to the guide:
If you are unable to resolve the issue, and you are the ROS administrator, use the Reset login function.
If you are a sub-user, contact your ROS administrator who can set up a new subcert for you.
Next: Certificate has expired