Residential Development Stamp Duty Refund Scheme

When can you claim?

You can claim a refund when you commence building work on a single dwelling unit.

You can claim a refund in respect of each phase of a multi-unit development when building work commences on that phase. You must meet the '75% test' before you can submit your claim.

Valid claims will be accepted within four years of the date of your valid Commencement Notice or 7-Day Notice. Claims for refunds outside the four-year time limit will not be accepted. 

Although you have four years to claim, you must complete all building work within 30 months of the Commencement Notice.

Next: How much can you claim?