A guide to self-assessment

What forms do you need to complete?

Income Tax (IT)

To make an IT return, use the Revenue Online Service (ROS) to complete an Income Tax Return (Form 11). As part of that form, you must also make a self-assessment. You do this by completing the self-assessment panel in the Income Tax Return (Form 11). In this panel, you will enter:

Capital Gains Tax (CGT)

To make a CGT return, complete the CGT panel in the Income Tax Return (Form 11). If you do not need to make an IT return you can complete Form CG1.

Next: How do you know what to pay?