Changing jobs

  1. Overview
  2. When you leave your job
  3. When you start a new job

When you start a new job

When you start a new job, you need to give your Personal Public Service Number (PPSN) to your new employer. Your new employer will notify us that you have commenced when they first request a Revenue Payroll Notification. We will:

Your employer can then make the correct deductions from your salary.

If you do not give your new employer your PPSN, you may pay too much tax. Your employer will be required to deduct Emergency Tax from your pay.

The new job might be your first job in Ireland. If it is, you need to sign in to myAccount to register your new job using the Jobs and Pensions service.


You can view, print or download your TCC in My Documents in myAccount.

Where your new employer fails to notify us you have started, you can use myAccount to register your new job. Select ‘Update Job or Pension Details’ on the PAYE Services card to do so.