Manage your bank accounts
What is the manage bank accounts service?
This is an online service that enables you to manage your bank account details in the Revenue Online Service (ROS) and myAccount to facilitate electronic payment transfers.
The service provides for the management of three account types:
- ROS Debit Instruction (RDI) - you can register bank details with ROS for a particular tax. You can then make one-off payments in respect of this tax.
- Direct Debit Instruction (DDI) -you can set up a monthly debit instruction for a particular tax.
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) -you can register your bank details to facilitate refunds or repayments for different taxes.
Who is the service for?
This service is for customers who:
- wish to make electronic payments directly from their bank accounts
- wish to receive refunds or repayments directly to their bank accounts
are mandatory eFilers.
What you need to use the service
You will need the following information to use the service:
- Bank Identifier Code (BIC) and International Bank Account Number (IBAN) of the bank account you wish to use
- name and address of the bank account holder.
For payments, the bank account must be capable of handling direct debits. For refunds or repayments, the bank account must be in a banking institution that is within the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) zone.
How to access the service
If you are a myAccount registered customer, the services is available by following these steps:
- access the 'My Profile' dropdown option and select 'My Details'
- in the 'Bank details' section click on 'Edit'.
If you are a ROS registered customer, the services is available by following these steps:
- access the 'Payments and Refunds' panel on the 'My Services' screen
- click on the 'Manage Bank Accounts' button
- the 'Manage ROS Debit Instruction', 'Manage Direct Debits' and 'Manage Electronic Funds Transfer' are available by clicking the buttons revealed subsequently.