Submit a Local Property Tax (LPT) Return
This online service is the easiest way to submit your Local Property Tax (LPT) Return if you:
- own a residential property in Ireland
- are acting on behalf of the owner of a property in Ireland.
You are required to submit your LPT Return online, rather than with a paper form, if:
- your property valuation is greater than €1.75 million
- you are liable for LPT on more than one property
- you are already required to submit your returns for other taxes (such as Income Tax) online.
How to access the service
You can access this service through myAccount or Revenue Online Service (ROS). If you are not already registered for either of these, you can access this service via the LPT online service instead.
To access the service through myAccount:
- sign in to myAccount
- click on 'Local Property Tax (LPT)' on the 'Property Services' card.
To access the service through ROS:
- sign in to ROS
- click on the ‘Manage LPT/HC Arrears' link which brings you to your list of properties
- click on the Property ID.
To access the service through LPT online directly:
Submitting an LPT Return for one property
When you access your LPT record, you will be presented with a screen headed ‘LPT Years 2022 – 2025’.
To complete your LPT Return and arrange payment, follow these steps:
- click on ‘Complete Property Return’ at 'Step1'
- fill out all the LPT Return details requested and click 'Continue' to arrange your payment.
Submitting LPT returns for 2 to 10 properties
When you access your LPT records, you will be presented with:
- the LPT period 2022
- a list of your properties.
To complete your LPT Returns and arrange payment, follow these steps:
- select the tick boxes for the properties for which you are submitting LPT Returns
- click ‘file multiple property returns’.
You will then be presented with the 2022 period so that you can:
- complete the LPT Return details for each of the selected properties
- click 'Continue'.
You should repeat these steps for each of your properties.
To submit LPT returns for 11 or more properties, please see Submit Local Property Tax Returns for 11 or more properties.
Help with submitting your LPT Return online
This short video explains how to submit your LPT Return online.