Local Property Tax (LPT) exemptions for 2022 to 2025
Properties constructed using defective concrete blocks
Properties constructed using defective concrete blocks may be exempt from Local Property Tax (LPT).
This exemption will apply if one of the following conditions is met:
- the property is eligible for the Defective Concrete Blocks Grant Scheme administered by Mayo and Donegal County Council
- an insurance company, or the builder who built the property, has:
- carried out the necessary remediation work
- has provided sufficient funds to carry out this work to the required standard.
You should submit the following supporting documentation to Revenue:
- confirmation of eligibility for the Defective Concrete Blocks Grant Scheme issued by a local authority
- confirmation of a successful insurance claim
- confirmation that a builder or property developer has:
- carried out the necessary remediation
- has provided sufficient funds to carry out the remediation works.
Revenue may request additional information to ensure that your property qualifies for the exemption.
Detailed information about this exemption, and the documentation you will need to submit, is available under Further guidance.
Next: Properties fully subject to commercial rates