Filing your tax return

Help claiming a relief for pension contributions


The content of the video on this page is up to date even though it refers to the Income Tax Return (Form 11) 2018. The steps you follow when filing your Form 11 for 2023 are the same.

This video explains how to claim tax relief for pension contributions. It also explains how to use the pension relief calculator.


To make sure you are granted the correct relief you must enter your date of birth in the ‘Personal Details’ panel.

You claim relief for Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) through the ‘PAYE/BIK/Pensions’ panel.

You claim relief for Retirement Annuity Contract (RAC) or a Personal Retirement Savings Account (PRSA) through the ‘Charges and Deductions’ panel.


Next: Share options